Why Local Web Marketing Matters for Home Contractors
If you have done any research into marketing for your business, you’ll know how important local web marketing is for homebuilders. If you haven’t, then maybe it’s time that you pay attention to this type of marketing – because it is one of the most important marketing strategies you are going to encounter for some time to come.
Home Builders Have Localized Business
The home building industry by its nature is a local one. Even if you have branches in other cities or towns, there is a limited “footprint” where your business can compete against other contractors. You’re restricted by geography as a homebuilder, so it makes sense to choose marketing strategies that work the same way.
What is Local Web Marketing?
Local web marketing for homebuilders and other companies is a set of practices and concepts, which combine to make your website and your business more visible to internet users searching for home building services in your area. There are several ways this is achieved:
- Claiming location specific and high quality geographical listings like a Google Business listing, or a Yelp or foursquare profile.
- Using location-specific information or keywords on your website, such as descriptions of your branch offices, and blog posts about local charity events you participate in.
- Running PPC (Pay Per Click) campaigns that include geographical targeting. In fact, if your operations are limited by geography, you should focus all your paid online advertising in the area.
- Collaboration with other local businesses, for instance, cross linking with your suppliers and sub trades.
- Sign up for city or town organizations (like your local chamber of commerce or construction association) and include a link to your website (and vice versa.)
The goal of your local web marketing for homebuilders is to create a network of highly localized, interconnected online marketing platforms that is easy to find for customers who already live in your area, or who are moving to your area.
How Local Search Works for You
When search engines like Google catalog companies online, they look at a variety of resources. They will crawl your website, then they will find links to your site from local organizations, and to them. Then they will analyze the contact information on your site, and the content you create. Eventually, their search algorithms will determine that you are a building contractor, and that you operate in a particular geographical area.
Once that happens, the next time someone searches for a homebuilder in your town or city, your site will come up as one of the best matches, because you meet the requirements for both company type and location. That will result in your company appearing in search results for those types of searches, and that means more traffic, and more potential business.
This is one of the best ways to market a local construction or building contracting firm, and if you operate like this, then this should absolutely be big part of your marketing strategy.